1. Who are you and what do you do?
Mary Shindell, visual artist: drawing-based 2 and 3D works relating to landscape and botanical imagery.
2. How did you get your start?
I was introduced to art as a child; I grew up going to city arts programs. I have made things for as long as I can remember.
3. What inspires you?
The visual exchange of imagery as art, especially when it is surprising.
4. What do you like about AZ?
The wonderful light, the vast space and the detail of the desert are the things I like about AZ.
5. Where can we see you(r) work?
At 515arts, 5th Street and Roosevelt. Inflection Point, a show of my new work will open January 2.
6. What would you like to accomplish before you die?
I would like to keep up with new drawing processes and push my studio art into new formats.
7. What is your mantra?
Experience is valuable but new experiences are vital.